Than to be Under It.

My mother turned 40. Two days ago, my mother turned 40. Which officially makes her an old person. It isn't much of a difference, actually. She doesn't look different. However, she has taken to smelling different, somewhat like acrid plastic. See, the acrid plastic thing she brought upon herself. The morning she turned 40, she ransacked the dresser and extracted from its depths an anti-aging cream that my father had left behind a couple of years ago. The cosmetic thing, honestly, she doesn't need, but she doesn't believe me, and now, according to her, she is 40, and thus her own principles allow her to assault her face with things that smell like burning PVC. Good for her. Maybe?
I don't get the big deal about turning a certain age. Save for the fact that I desperately want to be 17. It's been a million years since I turned 16. But more importantly, I don't understand why my mother would be so miserable about turning 40. Yeah, SURE, now people can tell you to your face that you're old, but you know, aside from that. I'd love to be old, and yell at people for the simple reason "Because I'm Older than You, B****!"
My mum however, fails to grasp the simple concept of aging gracefully. I can only truly realise how potentially serial-killer she sometimes is when I objectively look at her antics, say for example this excerpt from an MSN conversation.
Sahana(11:03):
Oh, and my mum turned forty.
Sahana (11:04):
Which gives her more reason to be mad at the time (now she calls it cantankerous or menopausal instead of angry)
Sahana(11:04):
Not to mention, she's spending all her free-time buying anti-ageing beauty products, which not only smell like burning plastic, but do NOT WORK!
Sahana(11:14):
And in somewhat good news, I finally found a hairstyle where I don't look like an electrocuted dog.
Sahana (11:16):
My mum was throwing things around looking for her elixir of youth, and she nearly poked my eye out with this hairclip thing.

Yes, My mother is phobic of getting old. Happy belated fortieth birthday, Mummy.
*Evil Laugh*

P.S. - Any of you who comment back telling how angelic and humourous my mother is WILL be gravely injured.
I'm serious.



5 Comments:

  1. Aditi Roy said...
    Your mother is angelic and humourous. and you are a bloody. :D
    Doubletake, Doublethink. said...
    my mother turned forty a couple of years ago and all my friends told me she was angelic and humorous. your friends will always tell you your mother is angelic and humorous. try telling them that about THEIR mothers, though. It's a mum-daughter thing.

    hence, your mother is angelic and humorous. don't know why i typed all that crap earlier to make this point.
    VelocityGirl (tm) said...
    Adt:
    My angelic and humourous mother said that you are a bloody.
    Priyanka:
    *Sigh* I know. I just let them assume she's amazing. Sadly, they do not know that it is a bloody lie. Bloody. :D
    Anushka said...
    haha. To think I told you today, that you sounded JUST like your mother.
    Sahana said...
    Yeah, mate. Thanks an effin' lot. I'm going to distribute shrooms at YOUR wedding now.

Post a Comment