I haven't posted in so long, and that makes me feel guilty. What also makes me feel guilty is that I haven't been studying. What cancels out this guilt is the fact that even when I do study for a test, it still goes just as badly as it would have had I not studied. In other news, I am sick of school. Even English classes, (which are about the only classes that were still bearable), have turned hellish. Who in their right minds would test students on Quote Completion from a Shakesperean play? 
Example - 
Question - Fill in the blanks using the appropriate quotation from Shakespeare's Macbeth.
"To be thus is nothing _____, 'tis much he dares:_______ guide_____. There is none ____ and under him ______upon me, and  ____; then ____ succeeding. If't be so ____kings!"

And so I hate English. And school, also.
We all knew this was going to be hard. Who thought it would make me want to gouge my eyes out? The school says your tutorials have already taught you, and the tutorials say that the school will help you learn in greater detail, and somehow when you get the time to read it on your own, it doesn't make sense in any case. 
And as if all of this wasn't enough, you know that you need to do well, and that you cannot fail, and no matter how much everyone around you laughs off the fact that they study - 
"Did you study last night?"
"Do I ever study?"
You're a liar. We all know you stayed up half the night solving numericals; what makes you so sure that we're going to believe that you didn't study? And what sort of heroic feat do you display when you do well in something and then proclaim loudly to the world that "SHIIIIT! I DIDN'T study and I did so WELL!!!
No one believes you, you pompous, lying braggart. You stayed up all night. You skipped school not to sleep but to revise. You're not fooling anyone, dumbass. Stupid dumbass. Stupid because you think we're so gullible, and dumbass, because dumbass. Don't dispute it.
There is only one subject that I can stand. Biology. Even botany pisses me off now. I am sick of studying. I still don't mind Bio that much. But still.
I'm a cantakerous, grim-faced, snappish sixteen-year-old. What I want to do, most of all, right now, is to eat large quantities of very greasy Chinese takeout, wear my rattiest T-shirt, and watch Mulan. 

But I have to study Chemistry.

2 Comments:

  1. Anushka said...
    I KNOW!
    DESTROYING literature!!!

    They might as well have said

    a ___ the ________ of ___ if ___ there ___________________________ and ______.

    it wouldn't have been too much vaguer.
    VelocityGirl (tm) said...
    What quote is this, by the way?

Post a Comment