I know I keep posting my most recently-played songs all the time, and it's often kind of horrifyingly cute how Snow Patrol pops into all of it all the time, but this is truly, truly disturbing. All iPods have an auto-playlist where the Most-Played 25 get gathered together to fuel your obsession further, and THIS is what my list (in order, I think?) looks like - 


Woman Like A Man - Damien Rice (Bloody Fantastic.)
The Planets Bend Between Us - Snow Patrol (Best chorus, ever.)
The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol (Un-Snow Patrol Snow Patrol)
Michael - Franz Ferdinand (You saw this coming.)
Lifeboats - Snow Patrol (I didn't know I liked it that much.)
An Olive Grove Facing the Sea - Snow Patrol (Instruction Guide for all Elementary Stalking.)
Unplayed Piano - Damien Rice (It's a song for Peace, that means I give a damn.)
Set the Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol, Martha Wainwright (Again, not unexpected.)
Crack the Shutters - Snow Patrol (Shut up)
Accidental Babies - Damien Rice (Again, Shush.)
Butterflies and Hurricanes - Muse (It's all good until you hear me try to sing the piano bit.)
Grazed Knees - Snow Patrol (Whaaatt? Stop staring at me.)
Whipping - Pearl Jam (I'm as relieved as you are, believe you me.)
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane (Sure.)
Crushcrushcrush - Paramore (Why yes, I like Paramore. Bite me.)
Party for Two - Shania Twain, Mark McGrath (*squeals, runs away and hides*)
If There's A Rocket, Tie Me To It - Snow Patrol (Aw, Here it goes again)
In Command of Cars - Snow Patrol (This is a little scary, innit?)
Possum Kingdom - The Toadies (Yay!)
Lazy Sunday (SNL) - Chris Parnell, Andy Samberg (If you can call it a song...)
All You Need is Love - The Beatles ("She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah!")
The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice (The first Rice song I ever heard. )
Rootless Tree - Damien Rice (If you knew the chorus, you'd get why it's often played. I dare you, Google it.)
I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan Soundtrack (Oh God. Oh No.)
Cold Water - Damien Rice (This list is over. Do not attach any value judgements, ok?)

This is scary, it really is. Although it is somewhat funny to find one of SNL's Digital Short raps on the list, and yes, it is a little mortifying to find that song from Mulan (but hey, atleast it's classic Disney), there is just too much of DR and SP.

I thought I was diverse and all. But I'm just a obsessed maniac. 

Eh well.

2 Comments:

  1. Stropko said...
    Wasn't I the one that got you liking that Toadies song?

    :D
    Sahana said...
    Gloat, why don't you, Michael?

Post a Comment