Aah! It's Gary!


I love Gary Lightbody.
Not only is he muchos delicious-o, he sings like a husky angel, writes lyrics like a love-struck muse, and blogs like a madcap. I love him.

Excerpts -
Once you’re actually in the states though it’s fine for the most part aside from the television (more time given to adverts than programmes) and the food (portions so big you feel full-up before you begin. Has anyone ever finished a meal in America? I know people bag it up to ‘have later’ but who really eats it when they get home? Maybe I’m wrong, being from a culture that hasn’t really embraced the doggy bag I can’t be sure it isn’t a noble tradition and as such you are sworn by an unwritten code to eat all of what you bring home. If not though there’s a lot of wasted food in this country. So much waste in fact that every day you could feed a lot of countries that haven’t any food at all).

The Germans love their beer. They are so proud of it they serve it in glasses big enough for you to swim in and that require burly ladies with arms as thick as lampposts to carry.

I had my cake and ate it. I mean literally. Yesterday I got some cake and then I ate it. So you can have your cake and eat it. Another popular misconception exposed as the farce it is. Phew.



Gary Lightbody is my cake. I shall call him Irish Delight.
And I must have him.

3 Comments:

  1. speedpost said...
    Snow Patrol fan? i have a feeling I'll like you. And he's more of Black Forest. A little rum laden. But Dreamy. And so perfect at times. My fav is still Somewhere a Clock is Ticking.
    Doubletake, Doublethink. said...
    HE IS FREAKING EDIBLE.

    My signal fire. looks like he'll be drawn and quartered one of these days if our fan-rant is anything to go by =]
    VelocityGirl (tm) said...
    @Speedpost, Doubletake :
    Make This Go On Forever. The cake, make it go on forever. :P
    I <3 Lightbody, its his surname I tell you! (And the rest of him too. )

Post a Comment