Its Britney, Betch.

I don't like Britney Spears normally, but I'm really surprised by the lyrics of her new single "Piece of Me" - they're not some soppy ohmygod-i'm-in-trauma-help-me-help-me, its spunky and fun, and its a nice punch full of attitude for people who were writing her off. I'm not really concerned about whether she does make a comeback or whether she's a sellout or whatever, but the lyrics floored me because they're very I'm-fighting-back.
Yay for Britney, betch!

(Ok, so the song still really sucks because of the synthesizer beats and pinga-pong electronic sounds and the rehearsed little-dress-dance-sequences, but right now I'm very impressed by whoever wrote the words to the song.)

I'm Miss American Dream since I was 17
Don't matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They still got pictures of my derrière in the magazine
I'm Miss Bad Media Karma
Another day, another drama
Guess I can't see no harm
In working and being a mama
And with a kid on my arm
I'm still an exception

I'm Mrs. Lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous
I'm Mrs. Oh my God that Britney's Shameless
I'm Mrs. Extra! Extra!-this-just-in
I'm Mrs. She's-too-big-now-she's-too-thin

Tryin' and pissin' me off
Well get in line with the paparazzi
Who's flippin' me off
Hopin' I'll resort to startin' havoc
And end up settlin' in court
Now are you sure you want a piece of me?
I'm Mrs. 'Most likely to get on TV for strippin' on the streets'
When getting the groceries, no, for real..
Are you kidding me?
Causing panic in the industry


0 Comments:

Post a Comment