American Idol, Yee-haw!

I love American Idol. I love it to bits. Its my weekly dose of Prozac, and this year is kind of a bummer, but still, I love watching the show because that's what I do from January through May/June every year.
Top 24 this year frankly has been the crumbliest patch-up I can think of because, honestly, either the contestants are god-awful or god-amazing. And most of the times, its the former case. And the Top 12 girls this year seem even more vacuous than usual, similar to the extent that I've mistaken them for other girls throughout the first episodes. It's a guy year, this.
The guys this year INTRIGUE me. In a I-have-nothing-to-do-so-I'll-analyze-Idol kind of way. I'm not going to dissect performances because I haven't watched a whole episode properly.. yet. :)
Okay, so my comments and advice to the guys this year:

David Cook - If you're on the road to premature alopecia, never, I repeat NEVER flat-iron your hair. Will get out earlier than Daughtry unless he does a Fuel-rerun.

David Hernandez - Is gay. So he's going to make the top 10 based on audience-parameters-blah.

David Archuleta - Is not cute, and annoys me. I want to bash his teeth out of his 12-year-old face. I think he'll stay till top 4 atleast, though.

Danny Noriega - Typical teeny-bopper, pseudo-emo-rocker-wannabe. Slightly girly, but bitch-head-bobbing Simon; now, that is what Idol is going to keep him for. He can sing, so he'll make top 7 or 8.

Jason Castro - May just be a surprise package yet.

Jason Yeager - Has a shifty face, and doesn't stand a chance.

Chikezie Eze - Tried to pull a Danny on Simon, failed, wore a tangerine suit. I say he's going home next week.

Michael Lee Johns - Will stay. Sexy accent, too.

Robbie Carrico - *indifferent face.* If he does enter the top 12, he'll be an early exit.

Colton Berry - Looked like Ellen DeGeneres. Got voted out.

Garrett Haley - Had a very gentle-rocker-look. Also got voted out.

Going home next week - Jason Yeager, Chikezie Eze.

VelocityGirl Out!

3 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    I love idol....for simon and no1 else....except in the year where chris daoughtry was a contestant. There were a few good performers abck then!:)
    Anushka said...
    I completely disagree with the fact that this year is worse than ever. In fact, people've said it's the best ever. I think it's way too early to call it the best or the worst but I've heard these guys in the auditions and in Hollywood week and they've got mad potential..

    My analysis:
    The top 24 round was a disaster, top 20 was not bad.

    Girls: Ramielle, Carly, Kristy Lee Cook, As'iah are good.

    Amanda and Brooke have distinctive tones to their voices.

    Guys: Michael Johns, Jason Hernandez, David Cook, Chekieze, David Archuletta are good.

    Jason Castro and Danny Noriega are the next best.

    Chekieze SUCKED in round 1 but round 2 was SUCH a contrast, one is forced to change one's opinion of him.
    VelocityGirl (tm) said...
    @ Prince of Mirkwood:
    *snork* yes, Simon is hte highlight for most people. Although the way he's heckled all the time annoys me.

    @Death on Two Legs:
    This season is only touted to be really good because most contestants already have prior experience. Besides, 1)I didn't talk of the girls.
    2)You write this after Week2, which was a contrast to Week1, which may explain why the post seems a little awry.

Post a Comment