It's time for a rant-post!

Listening to - All sorts of Country Music by Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood.

Lot of random blogging to be done, so bear with me here.

The most important thing that happened this week would be that I returned to school. Now, if you can ignore Stropko's loud whoops of extreme joy and victory. One day of school made me more tired than two weeks of holidays. I went to school on Wednesday, and spent most of Thursday morning agonising over strained leg muscles, then I did school on Thursday (I would NEVER miss school on Thursday), then VOICE, then Chem. and then I collapsed. So much so, that I skipped Friday.

We've more or less entered the last term of school. Ever. And Winter terms are always the shortest, so by all standards of sentiment, I should have a countdown up somewhere. People have already started doing that, by the way. Every event that we have is greeted with the shout of "This is our last in school!", followed by some dopes who start bawling their guts out.
It happened on Teacher's Day, when we had that really amazing programme. While the majority of the student body was most fussed about the teachers leaving for lunch so we could feast on the leftover food, some dumbass yelled out this thing about this being "Last Teacher's Day EVER", and that-perfectionist-in-Humanities started crying, although I didn't really notice until after I was done stuffing my face with the cake. 
In any case, my point is, it didn't really matter to me. Somehow, all this talk of leaving, and of farewells doesn't really bother me. It's a little scary to sound so indifferent, especially because I have absolutely NO idea where I'm going for higher studies, or whether I'm passing at all (which would make all farewells futile).  I know it sounds callous. On numerous occassions, Anushka's asked me to stop being such a black-hearted-nutcase and show some feeling. Even over talks of the VOICE farewell. I don't get it. I really don't. Like I keep saying, I'll be happy to get out of here. It's not as if I'm not going to miss school, but quite frankly, 12 years is kind of an okay point to give it a rest. It's been a great 12 years, and I've loved all the three schools I've been in, and I've never regretted any of it, but I want to move forward now. 
Maybe that makes me an "Stone-Queen", like my mum puts it.
Whatever. I'm just choosing to focus on the 'entering a new phase' more than the 'leaving of an old one'. 
I don't even think it makes me emotionless in any way. People who know me well enough know that emotionless is not really my kind of label. I'm more of the throw-yourself-into-it-with-all-you-got-who-cares-what-happens sort of person. I'm just throwing myself into the other side.

At the start of 2008, I decided to keep a diary, because the conformist-sentimentalist in me wanted to record the events of my last year in school. It contains -
Some entries from that brief phase when I dotted my i's with hearts. 
Entries from when I was completely pissed off because I wasn't made a prefect, when some other people were. 
An entry cursing my Hindi teacher (Quote - "I hate you, you killer of English thoughts. I could curse you in a thousand vernaculars, but I'm afraid I'll spell them wrong. I hate you, Hag-ess.")
One page with the words of 'Hey There Delilah', a song that now annoys me.
Lots of scratched out doodles.
And finally, lines in multiple pages saying "I love bio. What would I do without bio? Bio should just marry me." etc. in a similar vein.

I don't know why I would choose to put up this on a blog. The six of you don't really need to read this if you don't want to!

<3,>

P.S. - Shania Twain and Mark McGrath's 'Party for Two' is stuck in my head. It's extremely nondescript, but oddly infectious. Don't listen to it.

On second thought, Do.

If VOICE members are reading this, please campaign for a larger cake. I guarantee we have funds.
Snow Patrol's new album releases in less than seven days. I need to conserve bandwidth for downloads, UNLESS..


6 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    your posts are strangely addictive...
    Doubletake, Doublethink. said...
    well, i thought i wouldn't miss school too, more so because i HATED the last few years in school. but strangely i have all these grandmomma-ish thoughts now.

    nostalgia's a bitch, wait till you're attacked.
    cry freedom said...
    love ur ranting. :D

    and why would the perfectionist-in-humanities get sentimental? (i'm sorry i wasn't there, so didn't know.) she's been here 1/100th of the time we have. and even i'm glad i'm getting out of here. VERY glad. i was dancing with joy when we got our "school leaving certificate", sounding so important when it really isn't. just a bunch of kids leaving school.
    Sahana said...
    @Prince of Mirkwood,
    Thankee, I thrive on the meagre internet popularity that this blog gives to me.Tehehe..

    @Doubletake,
    Maybe I need to grow up a teensy bit more than well, now. Eh well. I'll get back to you in about a gazillion years. XD

    @Cry Freedom,
    No, no, I mean the other perfectionist, not the one you're thinking of. I'll tell you tomorrow, and I KNOW! School-Leaving Certificates are the Shizzle. :D:D:D:D
    Shalmi said...
    i second prince of mirkwood.

    hag-ess? nice...
    VelocityGirl (tm) said...
    BlinknMiss,
    Zenk you, and haha, yes, HAG-ESS is the word.

Post a Comment