Ahh, I walked outside the other night to accompany my brother on a drive, when lo and behold, it was cold. Not just cold, frigid. This was the first day in recent memory that I have been able to say that it has been truly cold. and I am exuberant. The cold weather brings back fond memories of Christmases passed when life wasn't so complicated. It's soothing, cooling, and it makes you feel so amazingly comfortable and cozy once you hurry out of the car, throw off your shoes, and dive under a blanket. Ahh, the winter.

And there's more. With winter (at least in Southern California) brings rain. While this may not be true for some, I absolutely adore the rain. It makes me feel like the whole world is cleansed, at least for a little while. Its drops fall on my skin and I feel at peace. Perhaps it's just me, but whenever this time of year rolls around, I'm overjoyed that at last the heat has passed, and it's time for another cup of hot chocolate and a warm blanket. I'm already wondering what this Christmas will bring. Ahh, the memories.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening,
A beautiful sight,
we're happy tonight,
Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Gone away is the Bluebird,
Here to stay is a new bird.
He sings a love song,
as we go along,
Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

2 Comments:

  1. Azuria said...
    This post makes me impatient...I can't wait for winter....

    It's soothing, cooling, and it makes you feel so amazingly comfortable and cozy once you hurry out of the car, throw off your shoes, and dive under a blanket. Ahh, the winter. <---- @_@ so true
    Sahana said...
    Oo-er, lookie, she didn't even use the word N00B this time.. I'm kidding. We all <3 winter.

Post a Comment