Le Chanson!

While I have, for a long time, believed that I am rather diverse in matters of music, I never thought my love for songs extended this far. 

Yesterday,I was scouring iTunes for free things that were actually of any good. I swear, iTunes is rather useless. I know they're trying to make profit and all, but would it kill them to put up some good music on free sharing once in a while? All the good stuff is just way overpriced and the things that are free are basically junk. But during my search, I did come across an extremely interesting Podcast series, called Tempo Rock, and surprise, surprise, it's free, so I did download it, and surprise, surprise, it was not as crappy as I thought it would be. So much for pre-concieved notions, I'm sorry iTunes, I didn't mean to be so mean before. Although, your interface does kind of suck, and you are somewhat painstakingly slow.
In any case, Tempo Rock is fabulous, and it has all kinds of music on about half-an-hour long Podcasts, which make for enjoyable light listening, but what I didn't notice at first is the fact that it was called Tempo Rock FR. I did think FR stood for FREE, but surprise, surprise, FR stands for France. So, I have now, in my possessions, three Podcasts from a French Radio Station. The songs are English, but the radio jockey dude speaks French, and the song introductions are in French. 
It's actually sort of fun, really. 
"Le nouveux chanson, le artiste Flobots!". Ok, so I totally just made that up, but I do know now that 'chanson' means song, and that French spoken by native speakers is just as nasal as I thought it would be.
Still, it's a fun ride. 

P.S. - My font is like the yellow polka-dot-bikini. It's itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny. *snork*. But if you do want to enlarge it, you can hit Ctrl and + together, and it becomes a little larger. <3

5 Comments:

  1. Doubletake, Doublethink. said...
    and erm, try some of the songs from carla bruni's new album. one is surprisingly good. i swear i'm not kidding.
    Sahana said...
    Hoodibaba, seriously?
    Le chanson-powaaaaahhhhh! :P
    Unknown said...
    Oooh this reminds me of the time I accidentally picked up an australian music station while tuning a radio.


    Good times.
    Anushka said...
    I'm going WILD with the ctrl and +; and ctrl and _. It's a lot of fun. Thanks!!
    Sahana said...
    Sreeja -
    Good times indeedy doody.

    Anushka -
    Go nuts, little one. :)

Post a Comment